Saturday, June 18, 2016

Opera Grand Opening Festival 2016 人协百盛华族戏曲艺术节2016开幕典礼

MP10


This afternoon I attended the inaugural Chinese Opera Grand Opening Festival at Marine Parade Community Centre. Guest-of-honour ESM Goh Chok Tong received a special welcome by an entourage dressed in Chinese opera costumes. He also got to 'ride' in a wayang-style ancient 'carriage'. Mr Goh was very sporty, he made the actions of "boarding" and "alighting" the carriage. LOL

Minister for Social and Family Development Tan Chuan-Jin joined Mr Goh for tea before proceeding together to the 3rd level to view an exhibition on the history of Chinese opera in Singapore.

MP12

We were greeted by "Justice Bao" at the entrance. Visitors learnt about the different kinds of facial make up, painted faces and costumes for different personas in traditional Chinese operas. There was a display of "weapons" used in the performances.

Visitors could take photos or posed for pictures with performers wearing costumes which identified the various ranks, status and personality of their characters. 

MP11


Mr Goh and Minister Tan had fun at the opera face mask painting booth. They each painted a face mask, put it on and took photos of each other, much to the amusement of onlookers.

We have several foreign residents joined us. They had fun putting on Chinese opera costumes and having their pictures taken. A lucky mother and daughter posed for a picture with Mr Goh.

MP13


The visitors enjoyed the cultural treats prepared for them. Families with children were having fun painting and making crafts.

There was a long queue of ladies at a caricature drawing booth. The artist draws well, she worked non-stop and was exhausted at the end of the day with a sore right arm. Busy with picture taking, I failed to get a caricature of myself done. *upset*

I watched a short performance of a string puppet show. I would have loved trying on the opera costumes but I had to take photos of the event. *more upset*

MP24


The fan dance performance by a group of 35 children from Sheng Hong Arts Institute (Singapore) blew me away. They are really good, I wish I had my video recorder. I enjoyed their performance very much.

Love the colourful, magnificent costumes of Joo Chiat Teochew Opera group. On the right side of the stage was a screen where we could follow the lyrics of the opera with translated English subtitles. I was secretly laughing to myself as I read them ..... a funny idea crossed my mind.

This Joo Chiat Teochew Opera group has a gem that wowed the audience that day. To be continued......

MP23 

Marine Parade Community Centre
2.30 pm to 7 pm

特别嘉宾荣誉国务资政吴作栋先生为人协百盛华族戏曲艺术节2016主持开幕典礼。主办者特别安排一些仪式来迎接吴作栋先生与陈川仁部长到场。

新加坡城隍艺术学院35名活泼可爱的小朋友呈献精彩表演《乖小丑》, 他们的演出大受欢迎。如切潮剧团团长带领20位学员呈现潮剧《红鬃烈马》选段《大登殿》, 我感觉还挺好的,唱得不错,服装也很美!

同台演出还包括 :
粤剧 - 沈园题壁 - 七月七日长生殿
芗剧 - 被擒
潮剧 - 梅英表花

除此之外也安排了许多精彩的节目 :
- 布袋戏
- 戏曲化妆示范
- 缠脚
- 灯笼/面具彩画
- 书法
- 怀旧点心等等

日期: 6月18日2016年
时间:下午2.30 - 7.00
地点:马林百列民众俱乐部


No comments:

Post a Comment