Love a delicious pork chop which is tender on the inside and crusty outside. The traditional Hainanese pork chop is coated with cream cracker crumbs before deep frying it.
I learn this from my late father-in-law who was a talented cook. He could cook ten courses for a wedding banquet of 10 tables by himself.
I was newly married and too young then to want to learn cooking from him. Now I am trying to remember what he taught me and compile his recipes into a book for our younger generations.
Hainanese Pork Chop
500g Pork Chop (pork shoulder butt or loin, sliced)
10 pieces Hup Seng "Ping Pong" brand special cream crackers, finely crushed
1 1/2 tsp flour
1 onion, sliced
50g green peas
Oil for deep frying
Marinade (at least 1 hour) :
1 tsp five spice powder
1/4 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1. Tenderise pork chop with back of cleaver or tenderiser.
2. Marinate pork chop for at least 1 hour.
3. Put cream cracker crumbs on a shallow plate and coat marinated pork chop with egg followed by cracker crumbs.
4. Heat enough oil in the wok to deep fry pork chops.
5. Deep fry the coated pork chops until golden brown. Remove them and place on an oil blotter.
6. Slice fried pork chops and serve with steamed white rice or cook a sweet and sour sauce to pour over it.
To make sweet and sour sauce for the pork chops :
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp A1 steak sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp tomato ketchup
Heat wok and add oil. Fry onion until it is fragrant and turns transparent. Add flour and stir fry for a minute. Add the sauce seasoning, tomato and green peas. Lower heat and simmer until thicken.
Besides the onion, I added cubed cucumber and tomatoes into the sauce. I would also add fries if it is a meal by itself for my son.
我不时在家里制作海南炸猪扒，包裹苏打饼干碎的炸豬扒, 皮肉不分离, 香脆而不油腻。。。。。。