Saturday, February 22, 2020
Traditional Snack: Handmade Mochi with Fillings
Delicious and easy desserts without using an oven.
120 g glutinous rice flour
30 g corn flour
180 g milk
10 g butter
40 g fine sugar
Filling (your desired favorite): ground peanuts, shredded coconut, meat floss, black sesame, white sesame, mango, strawberry
1. Sift glutinous rice flour and corn flour into a mixing bowl. Add milk and sugar to mix well. Add melted butter and mix until smooth.
2. Place onto a plate, cover with cling wrap and steam for 15-20 minutes. Choose a larger plate for quick steaming. Poke the dough with a chopstick, if it comes out clean without dough sticking to it, it is cooked.
3. Remove when cooked and set aside to cool. Then knead with your hands until smooth. If the dough is sticky, you can add a little water.
4. Prepare your favorite filling, ground peanut, meat floss, mango or strawberry. Cut out the flesh of the mango, wash the strawberries and remove its stalk.
5. Take a small portion of dough and rolled it into a ball. Flatten it with your hand or roll into a thin circle with a rolling pin. Wrap the filling and seal.
6. Rolled in coconut shreds (optional).
Note: Mango mochi tastes better when chilled.