Tuesday, July 12, 2016

"Happy" Penang Assam Laksa "开心"槟城亚参叻沙

PD31

Found a tasty Penang Assam Laksa (RM5) by chance. The cheerful elderly uncle works together with his wife in this newly opened eatery. He approached us when we stopped to look at their chalkboard outside their eatery.

He claimed that their Penang Assam Laksa was cooked according to a 40-year old recipe of the owner's grandmother and if I didn't find it tasty, he would refund me the money. Since it was not expensive, we stepped inside and hubby paid for a bowl of assam laksa.

There was another couple who were from Johor Bahru. They both shared a bowl of assam laksa and commented that it tasted yummy.

The equally cheerful wife started preparing the ingredients for uncle to cook. When I brought out my camera, uncle enthusiastically made several poses for me. We laughed as his wife commented that he has "so many patterns (ways of cooking the noodles)".

The couple waited with abated breathe while we tasted the noodle. I like the thick, flavourful gravy, which has a balance of sour, sweet and spicy flavours. Relieved, the couple broke into smiles and the wife shared her home cooked century egg porridge with me. We spent a delightful hour chatting with one another.

We were interrupted abruptly when the young owner came in and pointing to my used tissue on the table and a small thrash bin, told me curtly, "Used tissue in here." I did as told. Then seeing my backpack on a chair next to me, he pointed at it and said,"Bags in the shelf underneath the table." No please and thank you.

I just picked up my stuff .... and walked out. Uncle came out to send us off. When I took out my camera to take a picture of the eatery, uncle posed for me again. haha.....


巧遇一位卖槟城亚参叻沙的老先生和他的太太。他们在一间新开张的小吃店打工。开朗的老先生要我品尝他的亚参叻沙, 如果不好吃他不收钱。因为价钱不贵, 我就应酬一下。

老先生很好玩, 我一拿起相机, 他就姿势多多, 逗得我们笑哈哈。他煮的亚参叻沙还不错吃。我们和他夫妇俩有说有笑地度过一个多小时的欢乐时光。老太太还请我吃她煮的皮蛋瘦肉粥。我们离开时, 老先生送我们到门外。我拿起相机要拍店面时, 他摆好姿势给我拍。哈哈。。。



No comments:

Post a Comment