Shakespeare Lives, a major global programme to celebrate Shakespeare’s works and his influence on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of his death in 2016, has been running from January and will end in December.
In Singapore, The British High Commission and the British Council will be celebrating the life of the Bard with a series of activities supported by local talent and partners.
The British High Commission invited me to join them for a media briefing of Shakespeare Lives on 9 March 2016. Opening address by HE Scott Wightman, British High Commissioner in Singapore.
Followed by presentations by partners :
- The Arts House – for a Shakespeare Film Festival
- The Esplanade – for an NT Live Screening of Hamlet featuring Benedict Cumberbatch
- Singapore Repertory Theatre – about Shakespeare in the Park – Romeo and Juliet
- Singapore Philatelic Museum with Singapore Post – Stamp exhibition and new stamp set
- Costa Coffee – UK Coffee Chain hosts Shakespeare workshop and events
refreshments by Costa Coffee
I am looking forward to visiting Singapore Philatelic Museum's "Shaking It With Shakespeare" exhibition featuring stamps, philatelic materials, interactive exhibits, 3D objects and workshops. Designed to excite and engage children, my young nephews and niece would have fun learning at this exhibition.
*********** ooo 000 ooo ***********
2016年是莎士比亚逝世400周年, 英国全球推出“永恒的莎士比亚”纪念活动。从2016年1月开始，活动将持续一整年, 以纪念他的不朽魅力，并将其作品作为教材，在全球推广文学鉴赏活动。
英国驻新加坡大使馆和英国文化协会将携手与本地创作人才和合作伙伴们推出丰富多彩的活动 - 观看舞台表演、电影和在线节目，参观展览，参加讨论等。