Monday, June 15, 2009

Great Singapore Sale! - WS, RT

... where just about everything is on sale!

Chris and I met up with some Indonesian friends who came over the weekend for The Great Singapore Sale! We ended up shopping with them for almost the whole day. :P

We started from Orchard Road. I was surprised to see long queues at a couple of top luxury brands. Undeterred by the global economic downturn, the shoppers couldn't resist splurging on a luxury item or two.

We then proceeded to Suntec City for the PC Show 2009 which offers the latest IT products as well as the hottest deals .....

in the queue to redeem our free gifts after making some purchases at PC Show 2009

We ended at Mustafa (24 hours!) for more midnight shopping.

huge crowds even at late hours

We bought lots of stuff at great bargains. I tried to buy only what I really need, but with discounts of up to 70% off the usual prices, it's hard to resist such deals.

Armed with info on the mall activities and events, my overseas friends came well-prepared. Visitors to Singapore during The Great Singapore Sale are entitled to exclusive promotions on selected retail and lifestyle purchases. Using the Tourist Privilege Card, they enjoyed even bigger bargains and returned home happily! :D



The Great Singapore Sale
29th May to 26th July 2009

The Great Singapore Feast
12th June to August 30 2009

Great Singapore Pass offers discounts on admissions to attractions island-wide until 31st December 2009.







First Commenter - levian

33 comments:

  1. wow, shopping for the whole day! i wanna join you guys for it too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. levian,
    Too much shopping.... my feet developed blisters this morning. haha....

    Congrats for being my FC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ECL, this is a great adventure! I am sure you got great finds and bargains. Hmmm, I pass this time, no shopping for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ebie,
    Now not as happy as when I was shopping yesterday.... because my purse is empty! haha....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've yet to do any shopping , there's always a sale somewhere here in Singapore, nowadays my shopping is on a need basis, no more hitting the malls just to look see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun. I will make sure that we visit Singapore when we are in Jakarta :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. that sign on the guy is sooo funny!

    Pity we missed out on the sale this time around. Got to find a way to get Zaini to go to Singapore one of these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah ECL! You shopped until midnight kah? So hardcore one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh, this is probably the reason why a friend of mine has been asking me to go to Singapore with her! shopping!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow SALE is on! :) But not over here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am trying to stay away from the sales...still have to many things. I don't know for how long I can resist;p!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Singapore sale ! there really a lot of great find everytime they have a sale...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jama,
    I was amazed at the huge discounts at certain stores and they have specially imported some cool items for this Great Sale!

    My overseas friends bought household items for their homes and paid only half of what they would pay back in Jakarta! They still save money after deducting their airfare, meals and accommodation for 3 days!

    I saved some money at the PC Show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Juliana,
    You're on your way back to Jakarta!? Stop by for a shopping spree. Great bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lina,
    You still have time for the Great Sale and the Great Pass is until end of the year! Can save a bit on your holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lina,
    I'm not fond of shopping. My overseas friends were here specially for the shopping, so I have to be a good host and keep them company.

    My friends being on holiday and with LONG shopping lists, I have to help them buy all the items within 3 days! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. miranda,
    Yes! Your friend's inviting you to a shopping holiday in Singapore! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mei Teng,
    If there's a sale in Malaysia, would you go shopping? I'm sure there will be one GREAT one coming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jade,
    I stayed away too until these good friends came.

    Gosh, I have to get ready to be scolded by friends who have asked me to go shopping with them earlier at GSS and I turned them down!

    The PC Show was packed but the discounts I received were worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. melanie,
    The Great Singapore Sale is until 26th July 2009! There's still time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I so want to go to Singapore! Shop non-stop till i drop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh my, Singapore sounds paradise to me now. I really hope to spend holiday here.

    Thank you so much for the visit. Take care and Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just can't stand the surging crowd of shoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a full day of shopping. Can't do that anymore, it's expensive here! lol!

    Used to do that a lot in Phil...

    ReplyDelete
  25. SALE! Nice! That's the magic word for me. Good for you.

    Enjoy your week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. woahh I wanna go there do some shopping! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great! I will be back early July to catch the sale! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! So much shopping! But I don't like too much crowds! And also scared lose control and spend on things I don't need! : )

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh wow! wish I was there. I wouldn't mind splurging for quality :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hope you had a lot of great finds. One of my blog friends in in Singapore right doing lots of shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. ahhh too bad i wont be there.. lol =D

    ReplyDelete