Sunday, May 21, 2006

Orchard Road

Jaymes & I set out on a secret mission this morning. We went to Queensway Shopping Centre to buy a present. It will be revealed when we come back from China.

We took a bus to Orchard Road. We went to Food Republic in Wisma Atria to have lunch. On the way to the food court, we met MP Mr Lim Biow Chuan who was with his wife & two young daughters, in the lift. I didn't recognise him at first as he was not dressed in the Party's colour. ha ha ha......

I bought a Grilled Chicken set (S$5.80) for Jaymes & a Salted Fish with Tofu set (S$5.80) for myself. When Jaymes tried my rice set, he wanted that as the rice steamed in Bamboo tasted soft & frangrant. I find the grilled chicken so-so, I prefer the grilled chicken sold at the food court in Plaza Singapura.





After lunch, went window shopping at Ngee Ann City. At 3pm, we went for High Tea at Royal Copenhagen Tea Lounge in Takashimaya Shopping Centre. High Tea is served from 2.30pm to 6pm daily. They serve a daily set lunch (S$19.90++) too, from 11.30am to 2.30pm. The tableware is all from Royal Copenhagen, which is exquisite & expensive.


Jaymes had their High Tea set (S$19.90 ++) which consists of , two open sandwiches, 2 slices of cake of your choice and tea. Jaymes chose one slice each of a Cranberry Almond Cake & Marble Cheesecake. Both cakes were good. We had the cake slices last & we couldn't finish them. The open sandwiches were Scrambled Egg rolled with Salmon & Shrimps with a slice of hard boiled egg. We enjoyed eating the small portions of the open sandwiches.



I ordered Scones with Whipped Cream, Butter & Strawberry Jam (S$5.50++). The scones were warm, tasty but a little hard.






I suddenly remember the Superband contestants were going to be in Orchard Road at 3pm. I quickly settled the bill & went in search of the bands. I want to meet Soul, Amber & Snopi.

We were crossing the road to Paragon when we saw little Ethan Ong performing his drum. Little Ethan is only 6 but he can play very well. He is so cool! Read about Ethan at his website : www.ethanong.com









When I was watching Ethan performed, I saw the Superband bus whizzed past with some of the contestants on the top deck waving to the passers-by. I couldn't make out who they were. The damn bus was going too fast. Later I caught the Superband bus again & quickly snapped a picture. It was driving pretty fast too. I saw Juz B on the bus. Oh no! Why must the bus drive so fast? And why didn't it stop, so the fans like me can take better pictures? When the photo came out, I cannot even make out the contestants on the bus.





A man on stilts was giving out flyers for free Ben & Jerry's ice-cream. Promotional gimmick of a bank which was newly opened nearby.



A promoter handed us forms for taking part in a Lucky Draw. We queued for 20 minutes to break the Da Vinci code. A young girl before us actually won a S$798 Limited Edition Da Vinci Watch!



The motor-mouth DJ holding the Limited Edition Da Vinci watch which I tried to win. sigh......

No comments:

Post a Comment