Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Eastcoastlife's Hainanese Fried Chicken Chop 海南炸鸡扒


Hainanese_Chx_chop[1]

My Hainanese hubby and son love eating my Hainanese fried chicken chop. It's a simple homecooked dish I could prepare in a jiffy whenever there is a request for it.

My son usually gets hungry in the evenings so like the Korean families portrayed on TV, I usually make some side dishes and store them in my fridge for a quick meal or snack.

When he opened the fridge and saw the potato salad that I made this afternoon, my son requested for Hainanese fried chicken chop.

Hainanese_chx_chop3[1]


Hainanese Fried Chicken Chop

2 pieces de-boned chicken thigh
10 pieces Hup Seng "Ping Pong" brand special cream crackers, finely crushed
2 eggs
Oil for deep frying

Marinade (at least 1 hour) :
salt
Pepper

Method

1. Make slits on the de-boned chicken thigh if it is too thick or else the outer surface will be burnt and the inside is still raw.

2. Marinate chicken chop (for at least 1 hour to get a more flavourful taste) with salt and pepper to taste.

3. Crush cream cracker into fine crumbs on a shallow plate. Coat marinated chicken chops with beaten eggs followed by cracker crumbs.

4. Heat enough oil in the wok to shallow fry chicken chops.

5. Fry the coated chicken chops until golden brown. Remove them and place on an oil blotter.

6. Serve it with steamed white rice or sides like potato salad and/or sour prune apple cubes. You can make a sweet and sour tomato sauce to pour over it.

Hainanese_chx_chop2[1]


This is how my son loves it  :D

海南炸鸡扒

海南老公和儿子都爱吃我的海南炸鸡扒。去骨的鸡腿肉裹上苏打饼干碎,吃起来酥脆, 很香。

去骨的鸡腿肉腌制最少一个小时后再沾鸡蛋涂均匀,最后裹上苏打饼干碎下油锅炸。这道简单又快的家常菜, 关键于火候的掌握,外表金黄为最佳。西式吃法, 炸鸡扒配沙律或淋上酸甜酱都很可口美味。再加一碗白饭!

potato_salad[1]
potato salad 马铃薯沙律

No comments:

Post a Comment