Friday, June 17, 2016

Visit to Singapore's Little India 逛逛新加坡小印度

PhotoGrid_1465742922828[1]


Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple looks so magnificent on an early morning.

Together with my husband, we had a breakfast meeting with several Indian businessmen in Singapore's Little India. We had teh tarik (pull tea), thosai and prata.

When our hosts brought us on a tour of their neighbourhood, I took some quick shots. Because I was trying to keep up with the men who were walking fast, most of the photos I took looked blurry. ish.

PhotoGrid_1465795052516[1]


We declined our hosts' offer for lunch at a curry fish head restaurant, instead we opt for hawker food at Tekka Centre.

There were long queues at popular stalls during lunch hours. My hubby ordered his favourite Indian rojak. I wanted a roti tissue but the stall owner couldn't do it because of the lunch time crowds.

I spied an interesting drink at one stall. Ordered this Dinosaur Bandung (Rose syrup drink with a huge scoop of Milo) ..... it tasted weird. hahaha.....

Love Little India with its beautiful temples, exotic markets and delicious food, a vibrant and colourful neighbourhood not to be missed.

PhotoGrid_1465867126710[1]
好久没吃这小学时的零食了。。。怀念吧?


We stopped by Peace Centre to see the kacang puteh man on the way to another meeting. My favourite childhood snacks and it has been a long time since I ate some. Nostalgic.

Bought my favourite fried tapioca snack.

PhotoGrid_1465891747899[1]

Next we stopped by our fellow Hainanese clansman's shop for some golf ball-sized pineapple tarts, Bought 3 boxes to gift a couple of friends. Bought a small box of the pineapple tarts to satisfy my cravings. I find the pineapple filling too sweet, probably due to my current low sugar lifestyle. hehe....



趴趴走到新加坡小印度。。。一大早与几位印族朋友喝拉茶、吃早餐。

之后与老公在竹脚小贩中心吃午餐, 喝了怪怪的万隆恐龙饮料。午餐时间人很多, 买食物需要排长龙。

新加坡小印度美丽的寺庙,充满异国情调的市场和美味的食物,不容错过这个充满活力和丰富多彩的邻里。


No comments:

Post a Comment