Friday, November 10, 2006

Singapore MPs spoke for the needy

Blogger was down again. I tried to post at 8.30 pm last night but couldn't do so. I waited until 11.20 pm and finally have to give up. I spent those couple of hours playing computer games. Didn't know 'wasting time' can be so fun!

I applauded MP Sin Boon Ann on his speech not because he spoke on the Wee Shu Min episode. I didn't bring a recorder into the public gallery so I couldn't do a transcript of his speech. He spoke on the issues that I was concerned about. I'm glad that there are MPs who think like us commoners and understand our feelings.

Parts of his speech can be found here http://www.todayonline.com/articles/153541.asp

What I hate are the PLPs (Hokkien slang for ass-lickers, this was given by a Taiwan minister to his Singapore counterparts), who agree with what his superior said. Sometimes, these PLPs also don't know what they are supporting. Their excuses are lame.

Second day of the 11th Parliamentary Meeting, I was there for the first part of the session. Sembawang GRC MP Ellen Lee, Marine Parade GRC MP Seah Kian Peng and Holland-Bukit Timah GRC MP Liang Eng Hwa voiced their concerns and made suggestions. Look out for these new MPs and let's see how they are going to do during their 5-year term.

I emailed my concerns for the less fortunate & needy to the adviser for Mountbatten constituency, Marine Parade GRC MP Lim Biow Chuan. And asked him what he planned to do about it, a week before the Parliamentary Meeting. He addressed my concerns with two long letters. And he took action shortly after that, despite he being in pain and on crutches.

My husband is a grassroot leader in Mountbatten Constituency that's how I know about MP Lim's swift actions. I have met MP Lim on several occasions. MP Lim is a humble, practical & no-nonsense man. The residents of Mountbatten Constituency should be glad to have such a man as their member of Parliament.

I live in Joo Chiat constituency. Wild horses couldn't drag me nor my husband to serve here. This will be a post that many Singaporeans and other MPs should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment