Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fiery Sambal dishes

I brought Jaymes to shop for his winter clothings & then to the money changer to exchange Japanese currency at People's Park. Walbert & Lorentz tagged along. Jaymes has to get 3 white long-sleeved shirts for his formal meetings in Japan. I ended up buying half a dozen coloured shirts for him besides the white shirts because of the steep discounts the shopowner was giving me.

We went to a few more shops to get his stuff before the boys started 'howling' for lunch. I brought them to China Square for fish soup.

I ordered a plate of Sambal Prawns (S$12) & Sambal Squids (S$8) which was so good, there wasn't enough to go around. The squids were fresh. The boys mixed their rice with the sambal sauce which was spicy.

I ordered their popular Fried Fish soup (S$5). The deep fried egg, soaked in the flavourful soup, was delicious.

The boys wanted fried pork dumplings (S$4). I also bought a cup of Iced Longan tea (S$1.30) for each of them to cool down their bodies.

After lunch I went to the shop while they went to watch a movie with their friends.

Blanco Court Fried Fish Soup
China Square Food Centre #01-10

No comments:

Post a Comment