Sunday, January 29, 2006

1st Day of Chinese New Year



Woke up at 6am this morning to cook Red Dates & Longan Tea. This is a traditional sweet dessert for the morning of Chinese New Year. I used to cook Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls (tang yuan) but today, I had Fa Gao (Steamed Rice Cake).

We had to drag the kids out of bed. They slept at 3am. ha ha ha.... We had to pay our respects to the grandparents. Jaymes offered Chris & I tea & wished us Happy New Year. We each gave him an ang-pow (red packet containing cash). My parents-in-law gave each of us an ang-pow.

At my parents' home, Jaymes received more ang-pows. Then we went to Christopher's sister's home. Nephew Richard was back from his studies in Adelaide. We didn't stay long at each home as we had many places to visit.

We then went to Bishan to visit Christopher's Godmother. Nobody could guess her age correctly. She's over 70 but looks younger than me. sighhhh.....

Jaymes was meeting with his friends at Suntec City for a movie, so Christopher & I went home to take a nap.

We had a simple dinner & then watched VCDs. Again the kids get to sleep late.

No comments:

Post a Comment