Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Legoland Malaysia


I came to know of Legoland only five days ago,.when I received an invite to a media briefing. It was  held in Iskandar, Johor. My first overseas blogging invite. Yeah!

Together with Straits Time reporter Lee Xin En and Bloomsberg journalist Joyce, we were chauffered across the 2nd Causeway. After clearing Malaysia Immigration, it was a 20-minute drive to the venue.

A tent was set up in the middle of the construction site. We met the Malaysian media comprising the press and TV stations.

awww..... the Lego figure and bricks

Legoland Malaysia is the first Legoland theme park to open in Asia Pacific and the sixth in the world. Costing 720 million rinngit, the 76-acre theme park is specifically designed for families with children between 2-12 years of age. It will open at the end of year 2012. 


So far, it is 40% completed. The steelworks for the iconic roller coaster ride called the Lego Technic Test Track was unveiled at this event.

Datuk Syed Mohamed Ibrahim (President/CEO Iskandar Investment Berhad), Mr Muhammad Zainnal Ashikin, the CEO of Iskandar Investment Berhad and Mr Siegfried Boerst (General Manager Legoland Malaysia) unveiled the steelworks. 

Nearly all of the rides are hands-on, so families can push, pull, pedal, program, steer, squirt, splash, crawl, climb and build the way through a full day of non-stop fun. Quite unlike usual onslaught of colors, animation and pictures from Pads, video games and TV program, though they all have their merits.


There was a question and answer session with Mr Muhammad Zainnal Ashikin, the CEO of Iskandar Investment Berhad and Mr Siegfried Boerst, General Manager of Legoland Malaysia.

I was driven to the lookout point where I could see the unfinished theme park below me. In less than a year, I would be able to come for rides. I am so looking forward to it. 

Legoland Malaysia - 40% completed

I brought back souvenirs of photos taken with the cute Legoland mascot and the cool Lego car. :)

Legoland also revealed the prices of its annual passes and a full list of Park Attractions.

Pre-opening Annual Pass rates for a limited period only!
Adult - RM195 (Normal price RM275)
Child - RM150 (Normal price RM210)

Gate Prices

Adult - RM140 (Normal price)
Child - RM110 (Normal price)


24 comments:

  1. Yes, looking forward to its opening. There are more than 40 rides, shows and attractions. Nearly all of the rides are hands-on.

    With 7 themed areas, there is much to explore and enjoy at LEGO experiment centres, roller coasters, water attractions and shows. The whole family can have a day-long voyage of discovery, adventure and fun.

    I am dreaming of hundreds and thousands of Lego bricks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! that's a huge project !! It will look great ! I have never been to a Legoland although there is one near Munich on the way to Italy. Unfortunately I don't know the value of 720 million rinngit, to my shame I didn't even know that you pay in rinngits. Now I have to ask Wikipedia I don't want to die ignorant !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the "real" one in Denmark when my son was 2, we had a blast.
    I can imagine many little hands and creative little minds ready to play with Lego bricks there too! There was a play room I remember well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey..this is good news.. but in Johor? that is real far from IPOH.. but then at least Malaysia has another added attraction..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gattina,
    I know there is Legoland in Germany, California and Denmark.

    720 million ringgit is 170,999,000 Euros or USD 228,898,000.

    WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mar,
    Yes, the first Legoland is in Denmark. Wow, that is so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. reanaclaire,
    You could take a look when you are in Johor as it is an international theme park.

    Well, at least you don't have to go through Immigration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wah, nice lah...

    Lego fans would sure love this place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw your title I was like so surprised and happy, "Wow! Legoland is ready?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Then why I reached on your blog. I found the line that read, "Only 40% completed". How disappointing. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. yenjai,
    Yay, the ticket price is slightly high. A family of four would have to pay a substantial sum.

    I was told there will be special student prices for schools that bring their children to this theme park.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lina,
    Yes, with so many rides to look forward to and the many shows and events coming up, it is one park worth waiting for,

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tekkaus,
    :D
    It will be opening in less than a year lah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, it's great to know that. That is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news! another playground for us Singaporean!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my kids would definitely love to visit Legoland. but the tickets are way too expensive, more costly than USS.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joeann
    Yes. I can't wait to see it completed.
    There is the Legoland Deutschland in your country - Günzburg, Germany. It opened in year 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  18. yeah, we've been in legoland here several times, but since I'm from the Philippines, Legoland malaysia would be a great place to look forward to with my family back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Legoland is a fun place for kids and adults. Nice to hear there will be a Legoland in Asia soon. I was at the Legoland in Carlsbad, California on opening day and later at the one in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joe-ann,
    I'm looking forward to enjoying myself at Legoland one day since I have such good feedback from readers.

    And that explains why you want to go to Legoland Malaysia even though you have been to the one in Germany for several times.

    ReplyDelete
  21. AVCr8teur,
    Glad to hear that Legoland is a fun place for kids and adults. I am looking forward to Asia's first Legoland.

    ReplyDelete