Saturday, July 23, 2016
Kueh Dadar 娘惹传统糕点香兰椰丝卷
The guys in my family love food that have coconuts in them. I have some coconut and gula melaka (palm sugar) left after cooking a curry dish, so I made these pandan coconut crepes for breakfast.
Pretty easy to make and takes about an hour of cooking.
Kueh Dadar (Pandan Coconut Crepe with Gula Melaka Coconut Filling)
1 small egg
200ml coconut milk
50 ml water
1/4 tsp salt
5 tbsp pandan juice (5 pandan leaves, cut into pieces and blend with 5 tbsp water)
Gula Melaka Coconut Filling :
1/2 a coconut (about 200g, grated)
100g gula melaka
50 ml water
1 pandan leaf, tie into a knot
1. Combine and blend the pandan leaves and water in a blender. Strain them through a sieve and set aside.
2. Sieve flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the egg. Slowly whisk in the coconut milk, salt and pandan juice. Set aside.
3. Cut the palm sugar into smaller pieces and add the pandan leaf and water in a pot. Cook over a medium flame until the palm sugar dissolves. Remove the pandan leaf.
4. Add in the grated coconut and mix well. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant. Remove to cool in a bowl.
5. Using low flame, heat and grease a frying pan lightly with oil. Pour a ladle of the batter in the centre and rotate the pan to form a thin crepe.
以小火烧热不黏底的平底锅, 抹上少许油, 倒入适量面糊，转动平底锅, 使面糊成圆形薄片, 煎香两面至熟, 取出。
6. When the crepe is cooked, dish it onto a plate.
7. Place a heaped tablespoon of filling on the crepe and roll it up like a spring roll. Serve hot and enjoy.
这南洋风味十足的香兰椰丝卷是娘惹传统糕点, 是我家里男孩们爱吃的糕点。以前我不喜欢吃椰丝的感觉，自从做了椰子生意后, 现在觉得还不错啦!
做给家里的男孩们当早餐吃, 皮不是很薄但馅多, 让他们吃了一个又一个 。。。自家制作的糕点真的特別香! 哈哈哈