Friday, September 15, 2006

Security during IMF & World Bank Meetings

There was much hype & grouses about the security during IMF & World Bank Meetings. I have to see for myself how tight our security is.

Due to security reasons, I'll post photos after the event or maybe not.

As I walked from Wisma Atria to Marina Square, I encountered many policemen, in groups of three, patrolling along Orchard Road & the major shopping malls.

Heavily guarded were Raffles City, Suntec City & Marina Square. Vehicles entering the carparks of these shopping centres were screened.

I brought lunch for Chris. The Adelphi was all quiet, it was also affected. Every shop owner was 'swapping flies'. Business has dropped - a lot.

After lunch, I walked to Suntec City. I tried to enter the Convention Centre because I was curious & wanted to see the demonstration corner. But I was barred. So the demonstrators demonstrate for who to see? I do not support demonstrations.

I had to walk longer distances to get to my destinations. The police personnel were courteous & helpful when approached.

There weren't many shoppers in the Marina area shopping malls & restaurants. It is a great time for shopping & eating. No crowds!!! ha ha ....... There are no people blocking the shopping aisles. I don't have to queue for changing rooms, I get the full attention of the salesgirls & waitresses - they were particularly nice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment