Sunday, September 03, 2006

Home Team Academy Open House

I took the MRT to Choa Chu Kang station & waited for the free shuttle bus to bring me to Home Team Academy. It was a long ride & the place was near a huge cemetery & agro-tech parks.

The Home Team Academy, occupying 23 hectares, is a S$266 million project. It has a centralised training ground for officers of the police, narcotics, civil defence, prison & immigration.





The Prison Mobile Lab, very interesting.



I signed up for a guided tour. I was shown the following places.

Library






Dormitory for Senior Officers. For ranks of Lieutenant & above.


Dormitory for Junior Officers.


10 beds to a room, looks like a hospital ward.

Laundry area of junior officers. S$1 per load, washing machines have coin slots.

Wah! Looks like resort, right?

Training Village. A mock-up village for the teams to train in. It features fully furnished HDB flats, a train platform with an MRT carriage & even a mini prison. Realistic training environment?



For the coming IMF & World Bank meetings, the police have also equipped themselves with new equipment such as portable barricades & purpose-built anti-riot vehicles. Eight such vehicles were put on a demonstration at the Open House.






You could try to shoot a gun for S$2 per round, minimum 3 rounds. All proceeds go to a charity.
It isn't easy shooting someone. I only managed to make my target pissed off by shooting his arm, thigh & balls. I did it on purpose because I get to keep the cardboard target. It's to show Chris how good my shooting skill is.

Concert @ the academy starts from 7 pm to 9.30pm. It featured winners of Superband, Super Idol ....etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment