Thursday, April 27, 2006

Old Airport Road Hawker Centre

Accompanied Chris to the branch to help out with the preparations for Nomination Day. We stopped by Old Airport Road for dinner. The old building is being renovated so the hawkers are temporarily housed at the former carpark behind the building.

Chris bought the famous Pork Chop (S$). The pork chops were so tender & delicious. They really hammered the pork chops well before cooking them, unlike me, so lazy, can't be bothered to tenderize it. So my Pork Chops come out hard & tough.



I ate Char Kuay Teow (S$3), I told them not to add cockles, so they gave me two tiny prawns. There is the famous Lau Goh Char Kuay Teow but there is always a long queue, so I settled for the next best choice. It turned out to be just as good as Lau Goh. Wah, moist, full of ingredients & so very delicious neh!

The famous Blanco Court Kway Chap is here too. Most of the food sold here is delicious. There are Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle, Wanton Noodle (must take queue number at one popular stall) , Popia, Fried Carrot Cake, Rojak......etc. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment