Monday, February 16, 2015

Tan Tock Seng Hospital Heritage Museum - WW

TTSHmuseum.jpg
(R) A bed for cholera patients with a hole under which a bedpan 
would be placed to collect waste

While waiting for my appointment with my physiotherapist recently, I chanced upon Tan Tock Seng Hospital Heritage Museum.

Tan Tock Seng Hospital is the second-oldest hospital in Singapore. It was set up in 1844 for the “sick poor of all nations”. This museum opened on 25 July 2001 to honour the legacy of founder Mr Tan Tock Seng.

The museum features a collection of items from the mid-1800s, during Mr Tan’s time.

TTSHdrill.jpg
Drill used by orthopaedic surgeons 

An interesting place to pass my time, I was awed by the medical equipment and hospital artefacts of the past.

needles.jpg

I was shocked by the thick injection needles used in the past. I hate needles, these (shudders) would cause me to have nightmares. LOL

Glad that the needles used in my acupuncture sessions are much finer. Phew!

examineTTSH.jpg
Oh my ..... *giggles*

Go experience the 167-year heritage of the first Singapore hospital named after a person and started by an act of philanthropy!

Admission is free.

Opening hours :
Monday – Friday 8.30am to 6pm
Closed on weekends and public holidays


4 comments: