Monday, August 21, 2006

Sun Man Tang Restaurant


When I first saw the name of this restaurant Sun Man Tang (means a house filled with grandchildren), I thought it serves traditional Chinese dishes for older folks. A look at their menu makes me decide to try their dishes.

I brought my nephew & godson to this restaurant for lunch with the family.

Deep fried Tofu (S$10), crispy & tender.



Braised Eggplant (S$8), the gravy was delicious enough for the kids to ladle over the rice.



Cheesy Pork Chops on Hotplate (S$15), meat was tender.



Eggwhite with crabmeat & dried scallops (S$10). A Shanghainese dish which I like, it was average. It's not an easy dish to make. The raw, fishy egg yolk made the dish taste awful.

The dish was served with a broken yolk, poor presentation.

We also ordered Sweet & Sour Pork & Salt & Pepper Prawns. None of the dishes was memorable. There were not many customers. The waitress claimed it serves Szechuan & Lu dishes, but the menu is rojak. The namecard that was given to me wrote 'Macau Portuguese BBQ' restaurant. I don't think it can survive long.

It also serves Chinese dim sum like fried meat buns, onion pancakes & noodles like ma la mien, zha jiang mien.

Oh, the chef's surname is Sun, & he won a culinary award. So I guess the restaurant actually means 'Sun who has full marks'!

Sun Man Tang Chinese Restaurant 13 Teck Chye Terrace Tel : 6282 3987

No comments:

Post a Comment