Saturday, August 27, 2016

Street Food at Lebuh Presgrave in Penang 槟城三条路街边美食

PG83

It's so awesome to have delicious street food just a stone's throw away from my accommodation. Actually I could just laze around and relax in the guest house and not brave the hot sun looking for food. That's what I do at night. hehe....

After a day's outing, I would return before 7 pm, buy from the street hawkers on my way back and eat in my room. There is crockery which I could use, I have to wash and return them to their respective places after using them.

PhotoGrid_1472189640911


The first night I bought 10 sticks of satay (grilled marinated skewered meat with spicy peanut) from this couple. One pork satay costs RM0.90.

While waiting for my purchase, I chatted with them. They have been operating only a few years, but they are doing a brisk business.

PhotoGrid_1472189517071


It was a warm night and the husband was bathed in sweat while he grilled my satay. That was too much satay for me as the pieces of meat were quite big. Their peanut sauce is quite diluted compared to the Singapore version, but it tasted good.

PG88


A middle-aged man was grilling these meats and sandwiching them between toasted buns. I bought a piece of the red bbq meat to snack on. This is very delicious and it was my first time eating it. This is a unique Cantonese delicacy called Duck Leg Wrap (鸭脚包 RM2.50).

I was told it was duck leg and pork belly wrapped with duck intestine. There was no bones, the fatty meat tasted like bak kwa (bbq meat slices). Like the taste although it was a little too sweet. I should have requested for a bun.

PhotoGrid_1472188758312

Many visitors come for this Hokkien prawn noodle which is my favourite and I always request to add a portion of their crispy roasted pork. Total RM6.30 for a bowl.

They are too busy to chat. haha....


PG89


Jason said I must try this lobak (braised five spice pork wrapped in a beancurd skin). So I selected an assortment of the fried food for takeaway. Fresh ingredients and inexpensive, but the black frying oil is a turn off. haha....

PG85

This dessert stall has a delicious cendol and an ice kacang with their home made ice cream which sold out very fast.

Their chilled chrysanthemum tea is refreshing and thirst quenching. Costing RM1.50 per packet, I bought two packets for takeaway every night.


PG84


A normal plate of wanton mee costs RM4. Besides the slices of char siew, there are both boiled and crispy fried wantons which are pretty tasty. Noodles is chewy and that's too much for me to finish eating.

PhotoGrid_1472272432592[1]

Steaming hot Chinese buns with a variety of fillings are available from 6 pm daily. Some of the buns look appetising. I would have bought a couple, but I have a small appetite, I would not be able to try new dishes if I eat a bun. haha...

PG20


Ahhhhh.... must not to forget this delicious char kway teow (fried flat rice noodles RM6) with duck's egg at the crossroad of Lebuh Presgrave and Jalan CY Choy. Have to try their fried rice one day. I could hardly finish the plate of fried noodles by myself. haha...


入夜后, 三条路有许多街头贩摊。我就住在附近的旅馆, 晚上找吃很方便。

这里有我的最爱 - 福建虾面, 再加一份他们香脆的烧肉。太好吃了!

这里只有一摊卖甜品的, 女摊贩的煎蕊不甜, 很美味。大姐的红豆冰也很赞。我每晚必买的菊花茶, 她自己煮的, 够味道又不甜。

不曾接触过鸭脚包, 听摊贩说鸭脚包是用肠子扎住鸭脚和五花肉, 然后烧烤。我觉得有一点甜, 感觉像肉干, 好吃。。。夹面包吃也不错。

三条路好吃的还有云吞面、沙爹、槟城卤肉等等。

在三条路(Lebuh Presgrave)和崔耀财路(Jalan CY Choy)交界处的一家咖啡店旁边的档口, 两位大姐的鸭蛋炒粿条又香又入味,够火候, 好美味。



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...