Thursday, April 11, 2013

Painless Tooth Extraction - Goodbye Pain!


Last Monday night, I felt pain in my right upper gum. The pain kept me awake throughout the night. I assumed it was just heatiness and ignored it.

On Tuesday night, a sharp pain shot through my lower gum that made my whole body bunch up. I was trembling and groaning from the pain. I consumed two painkillers.

Early the following morning, I made an appointment to consult Dr Lee Hoon Hwee who was highly recommended by a friend from the Attorney General's Chambers.

observing my cracked tooth on the monitor

My first visit with Dr Lee was a surprisingly amazing one. I always dread going to the dentist. It is a traumatic experience I try to avoid at all cost. I was very scared to have my tooth extracted - but know what? It was totally painless!

Dr Lee has a well-equipped clinic. She took some dental x-rays and used other diagnostic instruments to collate all necessary information before arriving at a treatment plan for me. All treatment procedures, costs, time requirement were fully explained to me before she commenced treatment.

I have a cracked lower molar. I decided to have it extracted and get an implant.

Looks non-threatening and almost cute : The Magic Wand

Dr Lee first put a surface anaesthetic gel on to my gum and after a few minutes, it was totally numb. Dr Lee injected my gum using the 'Magic Wand', without me feeling it, and skilfully extracted the tooth. The injection was painless.

I left the gauze in for about half an hour. I was told to gargle very gently every hour for the first day. With a numb right jaw, I could even eat Bak Kut Teh for lunch after the extraction. :D

By 3.18 pm, the numbness was gone. I didn't feel any pain. Amazing!

After 24 hours, I was fine.

pleasant view from the dental chair

Wow, technology and science has come a long way the last couple of years. Dr Lee Hoon Hwee is one of many dentists who practice painless dentistry these days. She is also an Adjunct Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Dentistry, National University of Singapore. Please make an appointment if you wish to consult Dr Lee as she sees patients only 3 days a week at her practice.

I will see her in another 2 weeks and I will blog about my implant in two months' time.

Dr Lee Hoon Hwee
H.H. Lee Dental Surgery Pte Ltd
1 Coleman Street The Adelphi #02-16 Singapore 179803
Appointment : Tel : 6336 3100


  1. Can it really be painless? is that even possible? :/

    1. Yes, it is painless. Incredible, right?

      The surface anaesthetic gel numbed my gum and I didn't feel any pain when Dr Lee injected my gum with the 'Magic Wand'. I expected the pain to hit me when the anaesthesia wore off but except for discomfort, there was no pain.

      A couple of Dr Lee's patients, who recommend her, did not experience pain during their tooth extraction. I didn't believe then, after experiencing her skilful tooth extraction, I am amazed. I am recommending her to people who are fearful of tooth extraction. :)

  2. How much does it cost?
    Wish we have that techno here in Kuching.

    1. S$150.
      Not many Singapore dentists have this skill too.

  3. good for you! yikes! i don't know of anyone who likes to go to the dentist. :)

    1. I am very frightened of visiting a dentist. Even though it is painless tooth extraction, I am trying hard to avoid. haha....

  4. Is wisdom tooth extraction going to be painless too??

    1. I don't know because I didn't go for wisdom tooth extraction. Give Dr Lee a call and speak to her about your concerns..


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...