Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Lam Yeo Coffee Powder Factory 南阳咖啡制造厂


Before I went back to my village in Hainan, my brother-in-law requested for some Brazilian coffee powder. His friend, a fellow villager who runs a shop, wanted half a kilogramme. That friend didn't pay me back the money.
 ヽ(`⌒´メ)ノ

I am not a coffee drinker, I had to go round asking friends who drink coffee to recommend a brand.


Lam Yeo Coffee Powder Factory, located along Balestier Road, sells traditional coffee and gourmet coffee. It was founded in 1959 by newspaper editor Tan Thian Kang and his wife Lim Chok Tee who wanted to provide quality coffee products at reasonable prices.

Third generation owner, Mr Benny Tan and his parents now run the business. Benny's lovely mother, who served me, showed me different types of coffee beans and described their tastes. I bought a blend she recommended.


Lam Yeo Coffee Powder Factory sells its own roasts of coffee beans from around the world. It does both wholesale and also retail to walk in customers.

I find a wide variety of coffee beans ranging from Brazilian, Arabica, Bali coffee, Dominica to Blue Mountain. Prices range from $10 per kg for their specialty coffee beans.


I bought a kilogramme of Brazilian coffee beans, requested for them to be grinded and packed into two separate bags. The aroma from the freshly ground beans was so strong and intoxicating.


Back in the village, when my brother-in-law brewed the coffee, it released such a terrific aroma that I couldn't resist having a cup of it. I didn't add sugar but just some coffee mate. It tasted heavenly .... so rich and strong, no sour or bitter taste.

During my stay, I had two cups of this coffee a day. I have grown to love coffee after being a tea drinker for decades.


328 Balestier Rd, Singapore 329760
Monday - Friday 9am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Sunday and Public Holidays Closed


南阳咖啡制造厂

我第一次回乡送了著名德国咖啡粉给大伯。他说很难喝,下次不要买。侄儿告诉我, 他喝惯三合一咖啡,所以如法炮制, 闹了笑话。

这次回家乡之前, 大伯要我买巴西咖啡粉, 我闻言一怔, 怎么大伯那么懂喝咖啡,还会要求巴西咖啡粉。原来是他一位朋友要买巴西咖啡粉, 要寄我买, 过后却没付我钱。臭脚 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

对于习惯喝茶, 喜欢闻咖啡的味道胜于喝咖啡的人, 我只好到处去问喝咖啡的朋友们,哪里可以买到好喝的巴西咖啡粉。

最终来到了马里士他路的南阳咖啡制造厂。这家老字号成立于1959年,迄今不到60年, 提供批发和零售咖啡豆。目前由第三代经营者Benny接手, 他的父母也在店里帮忙。

当天是Benny的妈妈招待我, 她介绍了店里几种不同产地的咖啡豆和品种; 不同品种咖啡豆的味道都不一样,依个人喜好。我选好了巴西咖啡豆, 可以要求他们磨成咖啡粉。陈妈妈还帮我把咖啡粉分别包成两份。这咖啡粉的味道很香很香!

大伯泡咖啡的时候, 那咖啡香太诱人了! 大伯递给我一杯品尝, 我加了牛奶不加糖。喝一口 。。。 那浓郁醇香的口味, 让我喜欢上了咖啡。我在家乡那段时间每天喝两杯咖啡。


1 comment: