Sunday, January 25, 2015

Street Food @ Chatuchak Weekend Market in Bangkok

cha4.jpg

Could not resist shopping in Chatuchak Weekend Market whenever I am in Bangkok. I have a long list of things to buy but usually have to scale down in case our luggage is overweight. -_-

cha3.jpg
Seafood paella rice ..... taste is so-so 

I look forward to the fantastic variety of street food in Chatuchak market. Although we would prefer to patronise our usual vendors but we do try some other vendors too.

cha5.jpg

Thai ice lollies on a hot day!

cha2.jpg

Mieng Kham - this is a traditional Thai street snack which is healthy and addictive. Fresh chaphlu leaves are filled with roasted coconut shavings and some of the following ingredients: shallots, ginger, garlic, fresh red or green bird's eye chili, lime, palm sugar, chopped unsalted peanuts, chopped dried shrimp.

cha1.jpg

Very impressed by this skilful Thai iced tea vendor at Chatuchak market. I ordered one cup of iced tea, he was twirling and performing as he made my tea. Amazing.

The iced tea tasted good.



10 comments:

  1. One of the things to do when I go Bangkok next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! you make me hungry ! all this looks so delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure nice place to visit leh. Did you try out the insect?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the crispy worms.... I will go for the insects one day. :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Looks yummy hor? I didn't buy it as it is too huge for myself, my hubby doesn't eat squid.

      Delete
  5. I miss Bangkok! The Chatuchak market is like a must-go, super big and packed with lots of goodies!

    ReplyDelete