Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Parkroyal on Pickering - RT/WW

P1290904
Parkroyal on Pickering 's infinity pool with an unobstructed view of the surrounding cityscape 

For the past 4 years, whenever I walked past the construction site of Parkroyal on Pickering, I wonder how it would look. Parkroyal on Pickering finally opens its doors in January 2013 and it is indeed a stunner. I was able to pop in for a quick look while on an errand to the Attorney General's Chambers next door. :P

P1290892

Strategically located in between Singapore’s dynamic Central Business District and bustling Chinatown, the hotel features lofty sky gardens, a dramatic outdoor infinity pool, spa and a jogging track on the fifth level of the hotel. The 300-metre Garden Walk high above street level  offers captivating views of the surrounding cityscape.

P1290903

I was fascinated by the oversized and colourful birdcage cabanas that perched over the edge of the terrace. It would be nice to take a relaxing dip in the infinity pool or unwind with a good book while sunbathing in a cabana.

P1290908

Guests could relax with a cup of coffee at this cool lounge looking out to the bustling activity on the street.

P1290899

A quiet corner to read a book or catch up on the latest news.

P1290897

Guests are a short stroll away from waterfront entertainment along the Singapore River and can easily access  Chinatown, a vibrant shopping destination where quaint pre-war shophouses are a cool backdrop for some memorable photos.

Parkroyal on Pickering
3 Upper Pickering Street, Singapore 058289

22 comments:

  1. Magnificent modern architecture!! Cheers, ECL

    ReplyDelete
  2. For its unique architecture and innovative design elements, it was awarded the BCA (Building and Construction Authority) Green Mark Platinum, the highest rating for green buildings in Singapore. It is also the recipient of the Solar Pioneer Award as one of the first in the country’s hospitality sector to use a solar energy system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this hotel looks absolutely amazing. very unique architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an interesting and beautiful place ! I just wished I could sit there and overlook the city !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A guest was doing a watercolour painting of the pool and the cabana when I was there. I hope to book a staycation at the hotel soon. :)

      Delete
  5. Sure is a stunner!

    When are you checking-in? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before 31 March to get the opening special rate. :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful place! I would love to be there.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting architecture, beautiful surroundings is so much nicer than dull :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was captivated by the interesting architecture too. The infinity pool with the birdcage cabanas are too cool! And I love the greenery in the hotel :)

      Delete
  8. Wow that is a beautiful building! I love that walkway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guests sitting and relaxing on those Balinese-inspired rattan chairs lined along the hotel's lobby, could watch passers-by using that walkway. :)

      Delete
  9. Is "Pickering" the name of the place? Why no buffet? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's located on Upper Pickering Street.
      There is a choice of buffet or a la carte at Lime, an open-kitchen-concept restaurant and bar located on street level.

      I wasn't there to review the hotel so not much details in my post. I just popped in to take a look since I was running an errand next door. :)

      Delete

Thank You for visiting my blog and brightening my day with your comments. I try to always respond to your comments - but there will be times when I cannot answer them all. See you again...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...